With the Holiday season in full swing, we have a lot of guests arriving in town now. Many come every year over the Holidays, while others are experiencing it for the first time. Breckenridge is truly a magical place this time of year, with fresh snow, Holiday lights, window decorations & wreaths, and plenty of happy visitors! This is a festive time, so cozy up with family & loved ones, relax a bit and be thankful that you are in Breck. Below I’ve listed 5 of the most popular things we recommend to all guests, family & owners here for the Holidays.
1) Take a horse-drawn carriage ride around town. This is a unique way to experience Breckenridge, either on a 30-minute historical tour or a 20- or 10-minute ride around town. Warm blankets & hot chocolate provided. Meet at the corner of Washington and Main Street, no reservations needed. Operated by Breck Stables.
2) With the full moon having recently occurred December 17th, clear nights are still providing a lot of moonlight for outdoor evening activities. A moonlit snowshoe tour is extremely popular, and made easy by our friends over at the Breckenridge Nordic Center on Peak 8.
3) Ring in the New Year with Breck’s torch light ski parade or the big fireworks display.
4) Make a reservation and enjoy a romantic dinner at The Hearthstone, an old Victorian building that is now one of the nicest restaurants in town. Or drive Swan Mountain Road over to Keystone, and experience the quaint Ski Tip Lodge, formerly an old stage coach stop that is now a charming inn and four-star restaurant.
5) Check out the sixty-foot-tall town Christmas Tree in Blue River Plaza!
6) And lastly, share your experiences through social media using #breckbecause