COVID-19 Credit/Refund Policy
Updated May 14th, 2020
As you are all aware, the COVID-19 crisis has caused unforeseen and massive disruption to the travel industry for businesses as well as for our guests. The crisis has caused disruption or cancellation for hundreds of our customers. We have received many requests for refunds and accommodations and take those requests very seriously. While we have provided credits to affected customers where feasible, our efforts have not satisfied all affected guests.
We have therefore decided to modify our ordinary policies as to refunds and cancellations in order to help our customers in this unprecedented time.
Our customers have been affected differently based on when and how they made their reservation. If you are seeking a refund in connection with the COVID-19 crisis, please review our updated policy carefully to determine whether you qualify.
Guests with a departure date prior to March 19th, 2020.
On March 19th, 2020, Summit County banned short-term vacation rentals. Prior to that, Great Western Lodging was open for business and had all units clean and available for arrivals.
For that reason, any guest with 1) a departure date prior to March 19th, 2020 has been offered a credit for a reservation in the same unit for the same number of nights, provided they submit their rebooked dates by April 30th, 2020, subject to a few blackout dates. Below is the credit policy for these guests:
- Guest must be rebooked into the same unit.
- Guest must be rebooked for the same number of nights.
- Guest may choose any arrival date before April 30th, 2021 with certain exceptions, defined in the Blackout Date section below.
- There will be no restriction on arrival or departure date outside of those mentioned in the Blackout Date section below.
- For example, if a guest originally had a Tuesday through Friday stay, they may re-book a Thursday through Sunday stay.
Blackout dates will include any occupied night that falls on or between:
- July 1st through 6th, 2020.
- September 3rd through 7th, 2020.
- December 22nd, 2020 through January 4th, 2021.
- January 15th through January 18th, 2021.
- February 12th through February 15th, 2021.
- February 19th through February 22nd, 2021.
- Any guests that wish to book within those dates will receive a credit for the full amount of the original booking and charged the difference.
If a property becomes unavailable before the new arrival date:
- A comparable property will be chosen for no additional charge at Great Western Lodging's sole discretion.
- Any upgrade in number of bedrooms, amenities, proximity to the ski area or downtown may be charged the difference, again at Great Western Lodging's sole discretion.
- All rebooked reservations are final.
- Due to the fact that all of the affected reservations fall within our 45-day cancellation policy, these re-booked reservations will remain non-refundable once rebooked.
All re-booked reservations will be subject to the Great Western Lodging terms and conditions in effect on the date when the reservation was initially booked.
Guests with a departure date after March 19th, 2020 and/or an arrival date before June 1, 2020.
Guests that had a departure date after March 19th, 2020 and/or an arrival date before June 1, 2020 will be refunded in full for their stay upon request. If a guest has booked new dates as part of Great Western Lodging’s Refund/Credit Policy that was put in place and announced to all affected guests on March 19th, 2020, that guest is eligible for a full refund upon request.
All re-booked reservations will be made subject to the Great Western Lodging terms and conditions in effect on the date when the reservation was initially booked.
Guests with an arrival date on or after June 1, 2020 and before July 2, 2020.
For guests with an arrival date on or after June 1, 2020 and before July 1, 2020, guests will have the option to cancel their stay on request within 48 hours before their arrival time for a full refund.
Guests with an arrival date on or after July 3, 2020 and before July 7, 2020.
For guests with an arrival date on or after July 3, 2020 and before July 7, 2020, guests will have the option to cancel their stay on request within 96 hours before their arrival time for a full refund.
Guests with an arrival date on or after July 7, 2020.
Pending further developments, Great Western Lodging is not making any changes to its terms and conditions for guests with an arrival date on or after July 7, 2020 at this time.
Standard Terms and Conditions
An advance deposit equal to 35% of the cost of lodging is due at the time of booking to guarantee reservations and is non refundable. Final payment is automatically charged to your credit card on file 45 days prior to arrival (30 days prior if a summer booking, 60 days prior if a holiday booking). For reservations made within 45 days of your arrival date (within 30 days for summer bookings or within 60 days for holiday booking), full payment is required at time of booking.
Bookings made 6 months prior to arrival: all bookings made 6 Months or more prior to the arrival date will only be charged a $100 non-refundable deposit at time of booking. The 2nd Deposit for the balance of the 35% deposit will be due 90 days prior to arrival, with the final payment due as listed above - 45 days prior to arrival for a winter season booking, 30 days prior for a summer season booking, and 60 days prior for a holiday booking.
If you cancel your reservation MORE than 45 days (30 days for a summer season booking, 60 days for a holiday booking) prior to your expected arrival date, an amount equal to your advance payment of 35% will be non-refundable. The total amount of your payment will be retained if you cancel WITHIN 45 (if regular season, 30 if summer season) days of your arrival. No refunds for no shows, late arrivals, or early departures, regardless of road and/or weather conditions.
Holiday Cancellation Policy:
For all holiday bookings (December holiday season, MLK holiday, President's Day holiday, Fourth of July holiday season, Thanksgiving holiday season), if you cancel your reservation MORE than sixty (60) days prior to your expected arrival date, an amount equal to you advance payment of 35% of rent will be non-refundable. The total amount of your advance payment will be retained if you cancel WITHIN (60) days of your arrival. No refunds for no shows, late arrivals, or early departures, regardless of road and/or weather conditions.
Please contact Great Western Lodging prior to your arrival if you will need parking for more than one vehicle. Great Western Lodging guarantees parking only for one vehicle per unit rented. Additional parking is limited and in most cases will require a nightly parking fee. Please note that there is no parking for trailers or RV's on site. All trailers and RV's must park in the Town of Breckenridge overnight parking, which does require a nightly parking fee.
Prior to your arrival, the property is thoroughly cleaned and supplied with fresh linens, towels, soaps, and paper products. We do not provide laundry detergent. Our rates do not include maid service during your stay, however, housekeeping services may be arranged at least one week prior to check-in for an extra charge, based on availability and you will be asked to provide payment at that time.
Early Departure/No Shows:
The guest is responsible for payment of all nights reserved regardless of the guests' actual arrival or departure. No refunds will be given for any no shows.
None of our units accept pets and all of our units are non-smoking. No Exceptions.
Entry of Premises:
An authorized employee or repairman may enter the premises during customary business hours for any purpose connected with the repair, improvement, care, and management of the premises. The condominium or home you occupy may be listed for sale. If so, there is a possibility real estate showings may occur, we will endeavor to make any necessary intrusions as convenient as possible.
In the rare event of booking conflicts with homeowners or unforeseen maintenance emergencies, we reserve the right to substitute comparable accommodations up to and including the day of arrival, provided the guest is not charged a higher rate than the accommodation type originally reserved.
Security Policy/Damage Waiver:
The Damage Waiver covers up to $750 of damages that are not excessive cleaning related. An assessement of the damage will be handled on a case-by-case situation. A credit card will remain on file for the duration of your stay and further until we are able to inspect the property after your departure for incidental related issues if necessary. Tenant is liable for any damages to the premises and to furnishings, equipment, and household items therein which occur during the renter's occupancy, excluding normal wear and tear. A $50 processing fee will be added to any damages billed. Our office hours during the ski season are 8:00am to 7:00pm seven days a week. Our hours for the summer season are 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Saturday, and Sundays during peak periods.
Great Western Lodging strictly prohibits the usage of any of its rental properties for any special functions, weddings, or parties during which the maximum occupancy of the property is exceeded.
In the event that a hot tub in a rental property becomes inoperable during your stay, Great Western Lodging will make all attempts to correct the problem as soon as possible and refund a maximum of $25 per day. This does not apply to recreational facilities where the guest has access.
Great Western Lodging will not be held liable for damage, loss, or injury resulting from errors made by tour operators, travel agents, or transportation companies. Further, we will not assume responsibility for loss, delay, or expense caused by weather, strike, or other circumstances beyond the control of Great Western Lodging. Great Western Lodging reserves the right to change accommodations without notice, up to the date of arrival, due to maintenance emergencies or sale of unit. An attempt will be made to provide equal accommodations or upgrade at no additional charge. Rates are subject to change without notice and are subject to availability.
Items INCLUDED in your rental property:
- All linens such as sheets, pillow cases, winter blankets, comforters, or duvet covers (when applicable)
- Flat sheets, pillows, and pillow cases are provided for sleeper sofas as well
- Each full bathroom is stocked with 6 bath towels, 4 hand towels and 6 washcloths
- Each half bathroom has 2 hand towels - units with washer/dryers will have slightly less
- Fully equipped kitchen unless otherwise noted - you will have all of the basics including: cookware, utensils, table settings and common appliances like a stove, oven, refrigerator/freezer, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker
- Dish soap, dishwasher detergent and kitchen towel
- A welcome supply of bath soap
- Paper products such as toilet paper, facial tissue, and paper towels
- 1 humidifier per bedroom
- An iron and ironing board in each unit
Items NOT INCLUDED in your rental property (please feel free to bring these yourself):
- Food products, spices, condiments, and basic cooking supplies (i.e., salt, pepper, flour, sugar, etc.) are not supplied
- Specialty items such as waffle makers, garlic presses, blenders, etc.
- Hair dryers *may be* in units but are not promised
- Toothpaste, toothbrushes, ibuprofen/aspirin and any other toiletries are not included
- Laundry detergent is not provided
- Shampoo, conditioner, and lotion (only available at luxury properties)
- Please note that housekeeping and/or towel exchanges are not provided throughout your stay. You may call our office a minimum of 72 hours prior to arrival to schedule additional services for a nominal fee.