Updated December 17, 2020
IMPORTANT: COVID-19 Colorado Public Health Order Rules and Regulations
Please note the updated Public Health Order from the State of Colorado and Summit County. This order indicates that no more than two households can be indoor/outdoor at short term lodging operations. Please read this important policy here. And please know that policy can be changing as often as weekly. This might not affect your reservation, depending on stay dates. For more information, and the most recent updates to COVID Colorado Public Health Orders, Rules and Regulations, please consistently review the Summit County Health Orders up to your reservation date.
Please call or email us to confirm one household. If you do not have one household, please call or email us to discuss your stay.
Updated April 24th, 2020
As you are all aware, the COVID-19 crisis has caused unforeseen and massive disruption to the travel industry for businesses as well as for our guests. The crisis has caused disruption or cancellation for hundreds of our customers. We have received many requests for refunds and accommodations and take those requests very seriously. While we have provided credits to affected customers where feasible, our efforts have not satisfied all affected guests.
We have therefore decided to modify our ordinary policies as to refunds and cancellations in order to help our customers in this unprecedented time.
Our customers have been affected differently based on when and how they made their reservation. If you are seeking a refund in connection with the COVID-19 crisis, please review our updated policy carefully to determine whether you qualify.
Guests with a departure date prior to March 19th, 2020.
On March 19th, 2020, Summit County banned short-term vacation rentals. Prior to that, Great Western Lodging was open for business and had all units clean and available for arrivals.
For that reason, any guest with 1) a departure date prior to March 19th, 2020 has been offered a credit for a reservation in the same unit for the same number of nights, provided they submit their rebooked dates by April 30th, 2020, subject to a few blackout dates. Below is the credit policy for these guests:
- Guest must be rebooked into the same unit.
- Guest must be rebooked for the same number of nights.
- Guest may choose any arrival date before April 30th, 2021 with certain exceptions, defined in the Blackout Date section below.
- There will be no restriction on arrival or departure date outside of those mentioned in the Blackout Date section below.
- For example, if a guest originally had a Tuesday through Friday stay, they may re-book a Thursday through Sunday stay.
Blackout dates will include any occupied night that falls on or between:
- July 1st through 6th, 2020.
- September 3rd through 7th, 2020.
- December 22nd, 2020 through January 4th, 2021.
- January 15th through January 18th, 2021.
- February 12th through February 15th, 2021.
- February 19th through February 22nd, 2021.
- Any guests that wish to book within those dates will receive a credit for the full amount of the original booking and charged the difference.
If a property becomes unavailable before the new arrival date:
- A comparable property will be chosen for no additional charge at Great Western Lodging's sole discretion.
- Any upgrade in number of bedrooms, amenities, proximity to the ski area or downtown may be charged the difference, again at Great Western Lodging's sole discretion.
- All rebooked reservations are final.
- Due to the fact that all of the affected reservations fall within our 45-day cancellation policy, these re-booked reservations will remain non-refundable once rebooked.
All re-booked reservations will be subject to the Great Western Lodging terms and conditions in effect on the date when the reservation was initially booked.
Guests with a departure date after March 19th, 2020 and/or an arrival date before June 1, 2020.
Guests that had a departure date after March 19th, 2020 and/or an arrival date before June 1, 2020 will be refunded in full for their stay upon request. If a guest has booked new dates as part of Great Western Lodging’s Refund/Credit Policy that was put in place and announced to all affected guests on March 19th, 2020, that guest is eligible for a full refund upon request.
All re-booked reservations will be made subject to the Great Western Lodging terms and conditions in effect on the date when the reservation was initially booked.
Guests with an arrival date on or after June 1, 2020 and before July 2, 2020.
For guests with an arrival date on or after June 1, 2020 and before July 2, 2020, guests will have the option to cancel their stay on request within 48 hours before their arrival time for a full refund.
Guests with an arrival date on or after July 3, 2020 and before July 7, 2020.
For guests with an arrival date on or after July 3, 2020 and before July 7, 2020, guests will have the option to cancel their stay on request within 96 hours before their arrival time for a full refund.
Guests with an arrival date on or after July 7, 2020.
Pending further developments, Great Western Lodging is not making any changes to its terms and conditions for guests with an arrival date on or after July 7, 2020 at this time.