10 Feb 2021
A simple way to nourish your mental health is by spending time in the great outdoors. Breckenridge supplies visitors with an abundance of land to explore and incredible outdoor activities to take part in. Nature has a way of bathing your mind in beautiful scenery, calming sounds and fresh air to help with mental health.
A long walk in the forest, a few runs on the slopes, or an exhilarating bike ride through a mountain range can really make a difference in the way you feel. With many people staying indoors more often these days, it is now more important than ever to prioritize being in nature.
Breckenridge outdoors can improve your mental health by:
- Helping you remain active – which can contribute more to a positive sense of self and confidence
- Creating an opportunity for physical activity to release dopamine and serotonin – which play an important role in mood regulation
- Soaking up Vitamin D – especially with Breckenridge averaging 300 days of sunshine a year
- Boosting life satisfaction by seeing new places and exploring unknown lands
- Helping reduce feelings of stress, anxiety, and depression
- Giving you time and space to decompress and relax
- Contributing to an increase in mindfulness and improved focus by engaging your thoughts in the present moment
- Enhancing your overall mood
- Giving you an opportunity to be a part of the outdoor community where you can make new friends and learn new skills
Classic Breckenridge Outdoor Activities:
To find more information on vendors, rentals and other outdoor activities: